Housing & Public Works
We are committed to helping
We are in charge of the major repairs to establish better programs to our housing program and public works.
Housing is in charge of the major repairs to establish better programs to our housing program for the Nation. We provide continuous guidance of the housing stock in terms of repairs, renovations, minor repair, and major reno’s. We address the overcrowding and housing crisis on our Nation but overall we are working towards making the housing program user friendly. So all affected will be aware of services provided.
Some programs currently administered under the housing program.
CMHC Funded Programs:
- RRAP (Residential Rehabilitation Assistance Program)
- Section 95 Rental Program
- Shelter Enhancement (SEP)
INAC Funded Programs:
- Annual INAC Subsidy
Public Works Of Sucker Creek First Nation
Services provided under O&M (Public Works)
- Maintenance and upkeep of all Nation infrastructure
- Water treatment plant operations/maintenance
- Water delivery for residence not connected to the main line
- Waste /garbage disposal
- Heat, plumbing and electrical checks
- Roads and bridges
- Maintenance of heavy equipment
Program Lead’s Biography
Just a little about myself, my name is Vern Cunningham and I have been involved in building residential homes since 1979, started my carpentry apprenticeship in 1981, I am also a commercial fisherman, I like most sports and love hunting and boating, I enjoy helping people when I can, I have lived in Gift Lake my entire life, a beautiful metis settlement just north of the nation 45 mins, it is surrounded by lakes and the fishing is great!